This is a bit overdue, but we're finally getting to this.

We are planning to rename Open MPI's git "master" branch to "main" one week
from today: Friday, 25 Mar, 2022.

Brian and I will handle most of the logistics of this change, but there will
likely be a little disruption for developers.  For example, next Friday, I
would strongly suggest deleting the "master" branch out of your fork so that
your fingers don't accidentally type "git checkout master" and you end up on
some very-outdated git reference.

We'll send out more information soon, but wanted to give everyone a heads-up
that this is coming, and to prepare for a little disruption.