In case you had not heard, Dr. Ewing "Rusty" Lusk passed away at age 78 last
week.  Rusty was one of the founders and prime movers of the entire MPI
ecosystem: the MPI Forum, the MPI standard, and MPICH.  Without Rusty, our
community would not exist.  In addition to all of that, he was an all-around
great guy: he was a thoughtful scientist and engineer, a kind mentor, and a
genuinely nice guy.  Rusty was on my Ph.D. committee, and I was fortunate
enough to work with him on a few projects over the years.

Thank you for everything, Rusty.

https://obituaries.neptunesociety.com/obituaries/downers-grove-il/ewing-lusk-10754811/amp