From: devel <devel-boun...@lists.open-mpi.org> On Behalf Of Gilles Gouaillardet
via devel
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2023 2:21 AM
To: Open MPI Developers <devel@lists.open-mpi.org>
Cc: Gilles Gouaillardet <gilles.gouaillar...@gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [OMPI devel] MPI ABI effort

Folks,

Jeff Hammond and al. published "MPI Application Binary Interface
Standardization" las week
https://arxiv.org/abs/2308.11214<https://urldefense.us/v2/url?u=https-3A__arxiv.org_abs_2308.11214&d=DwMFaQ&c=v4IIwRuZAmwupIjowmMWUmLasxPEgYsgNI-O7C4ViYc&r=Oofpa2piyIoH9-ZgjiSR5uCfILs91wYVTpkZQO5bfCY&m=OR9GUNWuorFYu3zkYrgUhz-5Jv6LvXhILyzBBa3JnS6HpM-HXv2vqMMVw4T--1qd&s=Yw5btNSA7XvzReIAFuTsOAcsZTzW2kcjH1feCd8I0Fo&e=>

The paper reads the (C) ABI has already been prototyped natively in MPICH.

Is there any current interest into prototyping this ABI into Open MPI?

Cheers,

Gilles