On Tuesday 07 April 2009 10:08:59 pm Karl Lattimer wrote:
> Hi, I'm interested in the status of libmapi and evolutions mapi
> provider.
The Evolution MAPI provider is not really managed within the OpenChange
project, but we can provide a bit of advice. Also, Julien Kerihuel may have
more detailed information, but I may be able to answer your queries.

> Here are the areas I'm interested in;
>
>  - Does libmapi allow a client to connect via an RPC-HTTP proxy?
Not yet. This is an area we are planning to work in. The changes to libmapi
would be fairly simple, but the underlying transport is not yet supported by
Samba libraries that we rely on.

>  - Does libmapi support contacts, calendar and tasks download?
Yes it does. The library and command line tools both support these.

>  - Is it possible to show calendars, contacts and tasks in evolution?
I haven't tried it, but I'm assured that it does. There are some screen shots
provided by the Novell developers included in my presentation
(http://www.openchange.org/images/Conferences/lca2009-hards.pdf) from
linux.conf.au 2009.

I'd recommend that you try out Evolution (included with Gnome 2.26) to see if
it meets your needs.

Brad