Hello all,

This is an informative email, related to a known issue currently present on the *1.9* branch. Since the fix also implies making structural table changes, it will only be present in the upcoming major release.

Going into the details, the problem is related to storing the *branch flags* of all contacts in the */location/**/table/*. If the script is changed (in a way that /adds/ branch flags, or /interchanges/ some branch flag assignments), all the branch flag bitmasks of the contacts stored in the location table suddenly have no meaning (in other words, they are now/corrupt/).

*Symptoms*: If the server is restarted using the new script, contacts may either be loaded with undesired branch flags, or some of them may not be set (maybe a "DO_NAT" bflag will be missing).

*Workaround*: If the script changes in the way described above (/more/less/ bflags or different b-flags are /assigned/cleared/ in a new order), *all the contacts* in the location table *must be **purged* before restarting opensips.

The issue will be addressed on the working branch, but we prefer not to propagate the changes to the 1.9 branch because the (only) solution is not quite backwards-compatible.

We will soon create a "Known Issues" page in the /Manuals/ section of the /OpenSIPS Documentation/ [1] to better inform everyone of such details.

Best regards,
Liviu

[1]: http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Manuals