PS: this is no april's fool ;)

On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 09:35:52PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> I think that the current configuration format [1] is hindering the
> usability of po4a. I would like to redesign it, for example as a YAML
> file. One could dream of something similar to the gitlab-ci.yml format
> [2] or the travis one [3].
> 
> [1] described somewhere in https://po4a.org/man/man1/po4a.1.php
> [2] https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/yaml/
> [3] https://config.travis-ci.com/
> 
> The thing is that I'm not really sure of what I want to build here,
> because I think that it's not only a problem of converting the
> existing formatting to YAML and that we could do a better job. 
> 
> I searched a bit on the internet, and it seems that there is a really
> large amount of projects using po4a (which is cool :) [4]. I was
> looking to see how people are using po4a. Many seem to generate these
> po4a.conf files. This is another argument for the redesign :)
> 
> [4] https://github.com/search?q=%22po4a.conf%22&type=Code
> 
> This is it. I'm requesting design ideas, please. I think it can be
> made simple, but I'm short in ideas myself.
> 
> We don't need no formal specification, but some examples that will
> hopefully be self-explanatory. It'd be really helpful if all users
> could send the config file of their dream for their project. Please
> send them here on the list for others to comment, and forward this
> call for dreamt config file to any interested parties.
> 
> Thanks for your help,
> Mt.
> 
> -- 
> Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
> Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, 
> by definition, not smart enough to debug it.   -- Brian Kernighan



-- 
Nul ne sera soumis à des investigations arbitraires dans son
intimité, sa famille, sa maison ou sa correspondance, ni attaqué dans
son honneur et sa réputation. Chacun a droit à la protection de la loi
contre de telles investigations ou attaques.
     -- Article 12 de la Déclaration Universelle des Droits de l'Homme

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to