Hello friends, I just pushed a big cleanup in the po4a source code. Instead of messing up manually with encoding, I switched to PerlIO, the modernity introduced 15 years ago to Perl.
This makes the code more maintainable on the long term, but it will very probably break things around. We have a comprehensive test suite, but I doubt that it will be enough. I had a breakage on po4a itself that didn't show up when running the tests, but only when using po4a to build itself, thus showing the limits of our tests. In particular, we have almost no tests about how po4a reacts to misconfiguration. Bingo, po4a was declaring an XML file with Latin1 encoding while the file was actually UTF-8. The new version is more picky about it. @Tobias, it'd be really great if you had the time to test the debian package build-depending on us. I always forget how to do that seamlesly (ie, without uploading a package to unstable). Maintainers of other distributions are welcome to test po4a as extensively as they can, too. Please report any issue either here per email, or through the github bug tracker. We can also chat over IRC on OFTC #po4a, or even through Discord on https://discord.gg/fcgF7nTXtb Also, these changes invalidated the translations quite a bit. Translators may want to start updating their files, but nothing is frozen yet and the strings may change if we find bugs around the new strings. I would personnaly advise to wait before updating the translations, but do as you see fit. Have a good one, Mt
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
_______________________________________________ Devel mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
