Hello, feel free to send the patch + discussion to this mailing list if you prefer. I'm not such a big fan of github either, and I actually maintain a fork on Debian's instance of gitlab, here: https://salsa.debian.org/mquinson/po4a/ But if you don't like github, you probably won't love gitlab either as it's the same philosophy.
My goal is to get your code included soon, so that we can use the git logs to keep track of the discussions. TBH, I have more trust in the durability of the git logs than on the durability of the mailing list server or the one of the github/gitlab project instance. Thanks in advance for this contribution, Mt Le lundi 08 septembre 2025 à 23:03 +0200, Patrice Dumas via Devel a écrit : > Hello, > > I have a commit ready with a parser based on the SWIG interface that > will be released as part of the next Texinfo release. There are > probably adjustments related to configuration of the parser that should > be discussed. > > I am new to using pull requests to propose changes. I wanted to do > something from git only, but it seems impossible, if I understood > well, I need to fork a personnal repository of po4a? It seems to me to > be quite strange to need to setup a repository for each developper given > that the project is ultimately more or less centralized (which is a good > thing), compared to discussion diffs on mailing lists, but maybe I am > missing something (or maybe I am too old), and I can adapt. > > Also it seems to me that the discussion about the PR could be > interesting also for the developpers doing other format parsers, but I > imagined that it is not the logic of the project and that it should be > discussed in the PR instead, so I'll refrain from discussing it here. > > -- > Pat > _______________________________________________ > Devel mailing list -- [email protected] > To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
_______________________________________________ Devel mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
