As Fabio said, we can still support old systems with our pre-PAE
kernels (till 3.3). Considering that, I think the switch would be very
good.

We might want to ship a Sabayon XFCE with the non-PAE 3.3 kernel
targeted to old systems. This would solve every problem IMHO.

--
Ing. Dott. Danilo Pianini

Site: http://www.danilopianini.org/
Phone: +39 320 41 36 573