Whatever. Not that I really care too much about it.

After manually loading the service:

xbox-360 joost # systemctl status ModemManager.service

ModemManager.service - Modem Manager

   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib64/systemd/system/ModemManager.service; enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2014-02-13 23:15:42 CET; 1min 30s ago
 Main PID: 16875 (ModemManager)
   CGroup: name=systemd:/system/ModemManager.service
           └─16875 /usr/sbin/ModemManager

I was under impression that whenever some dep was needed systemd would load
it, I guess I'm wrong there..??
This solved the endless error spam in my /var/log/messages

So perhaps enable it by default.