Hi guys

I'm testing KDE-Daily (20160918)

Installing to an external HDD

UEFI boot's fine. ISO boots using Grub instead isolinux configuration

For my Hardware I need to force passing i915.enable_psr=0 to the boot
options
(as I explaned here https://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=33279
but for 4.7.x kernel and here
https://lists.sabayon.org/pipermail/devel/2016-July/009255.html)

- At boot i choose Italian Language and keymap
KDE boots fine with right localization

- Missing Sabayon Logo in KDE Menu button

I can't manage any wireless/wired connection or mount any external
device 'cause "session 1000 UID (unknown)" error
(I can't paste/link any screenshots or logs)
/run/user/1000 folder missing.  (???)

I choose to install SL to the external device and standard partition mode.
Installation goes fine.
Installer has bad background buttons during partitiong phase. (+ and -
or  reload buttons)
not usefull show what I select  [ HDD drive or partition(s). ]

- Live Mode : Can't reboot from Kmenu--->Reboot options ,session
restarts . Need to force shutdown pushing power button
(maybe 'cause /run/user/1000 is missing ??? )

Standard KDE session has /run/user/1000 populated like :
$ ls /run/user/1000
dconf  gnupg  gvfs  kdeinit5__0  klauncherTJ2252.1.slave-socket
KSMserver__0  pulse  systemd

After install all is fine. Can some service need to run ? /run/user is
dbus related I think.

Next time I'll check it.

Hardware specs :
lspci -k
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Host Bridge -OPI (rev 09)
        Subsystem: Lenovo Broadwell-U Host Bridge -OPI
        Kernel driver in use: bdw_uncore
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 5500
(rev 09)
        Subsystem: Lenovo HD Graphics 5500
        Kernel driver in use: i915
        Kernel modules: i915
00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Audio Controller
(rev 09)
        Subsystem: Lenovo Broadwell-U Audio Controller
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP USB xHCI
Controller (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Lenovo Wildcat Point-LP USB xHCI Controller
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
        Kernel modules: xhci_pci
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP MEI
Controller #1 (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Lenovo Wildcat Point-LP MEI Controller
        Kernel driver in use: mei_me
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP High Definition
Audio Controller (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Lenovo Wildcat Point-LP High Definition Audio Controller
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP PCI Express Root
Port #1 (rev e3)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
        Kernel modules: shpchp
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP PCI Express Root
Port #3 (rev e3)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
        Kernel modules: shpchp
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP PCI Express Root
Port #4 (rev e3)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
        Kernel modules: shpchp
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP LPC Controller
(rev 03)
        Subsystem: Lenovo Wildcat Point-LP LPC Controller
        Kernel driver in use: lpc_ich
        Kernel modules: lpc_ich
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP SATA
Controller [AHCI Mode] (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Lenovo Wildcat Point-LP SATA Controller [AHCI Mode]
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP SMBus Controller (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Lenovo Wildcat Point-LP SMBus Controller
        Kernel driver in use: i801_smbus
        Kernel modules: i2c_i801
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 10)
        Subsystem: Lenovo RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
Controller
        Kernel driver in use: r8169
        Kernel modules: r8169
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 3160 (rev 93)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Dual Band Wireless AC 3160
        Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi
        Kernel modules: iwlwifi

as you can see , HD Graphics 5500(broadwell)  load i915 module instead
i965 module. https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Intel

Cheers :)