"Don't only anaconda and fwknop depend on it?"

Yes.

"On your system you probably have anaconda which most users shouldn't"

Nope. But I guess this dep from anaconda was never removed after
installation. (All users have this installed who used Anaconda).
To be clear. This is on a VERY RECENT clean install system where I used
latest and greatest Anaconda version.