Hi.

Today I was looking into why my games underperform so badly in Sabayon
Linux compared to Windows 10.
Since I bumped kernel to 4.16.2 I was expecting to see at least some
improvements.

After checking everything was set and installed fine. (amdgpu module
loaded, firmware loaded, etc etc) I went and look into the CPU scaling. I
discovered that my Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU  @3.20GHz was never touching
it's max speed, not even close. So I looked at the cpupower settings and
learned it was set to powersave.

After changing this on-the-fly, using: cpupower frequency-set -g ondemand
games ran WAY better, obviously. So I wondered where this setting came
from. Apparently it is set in  /etc/sysconfig/cpupower provided by
sys-power/cpupower.

I propose we set this to ondemand. (Not sure if we want to fork the ebuild
for this)

Thoughts?