Hi Michael

Thanks for your input.

I also now think it is by design - especially the transparent bit / glassy bit.

I have stumbled across a Sailfish demo showing all their controls.

This demo had several small buttons next to one another, and they looked "okish".

But on my app, which has very big idiot-proof buttons stretching across the screen, the Silica Button looks like a pile of the steaming proverbial ....

For this use case the BackgroundItem actually works well, and keeps the Silica glassy look. (A clickable text on a glassy background).

In the Harmattan version of my app I used button background colour to reinforce the use of the button (green for normal, red for emergencies only). With BackgroundItem I can do the same with the Label Color, and the result also looks cool (in my case)

1000 grazie

Chris

Zitat von "Michael Faro-Tusino" <mfaro-tus...@live.com>:

Hi Chris,

Same thing here. Clearly by design, but yet to really decide whether its a good thing or not.

I assume the transparency is to do with the whole "glass" UI approach.

What you're doing with the background item is something I looked into as well, yet found it ruins the overall look of the app (at least for me).

That's my useless contribution :-)

-Michael

Sent from my Nokia N950