Oh, yes,

that's a good option, and I just got my "Quando Parte" Train timetable
application ported to Sailfish OS, I hope I will be able to upload it
to my repo this evening!

I hope to see Openrepos grow in functionality but it is already quite
useful as it is.

Best regards,
Luciano

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Andrey Kozhevnikov
<coderusin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OpenRepos.net is here
>
> many features are coming. Client app Warehouse available for Harmattan.
> Sailfish client is coming too.
>

> On 06.11.2013 04:47, Martin Kolman wrote:
>
> I'll chip in with my idea/RFE:
>
> Built-in donation support.
>
> * usecase
> - the app is free
> - but there is a donation button in the store interface
> - users can click it to donate to the developer
>
> As it is part of the store interface, it can use the same payment mechanism
> as paid apps, making the donation procedure as painless as possible and thus
> more likely. :)
> In-application donation buttons need to use external payment methods,
> that have many drawbacks such as:
> - being evil (PayPal)
> - not widely used (Flattr)
> - experimental (Bitcoin)
> - generally not being available in many countries
>
> * example of store having something like this - Mozilla addons
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
>
> Each extension can have a "Contribute" button, see the Firebug extension as
> an example:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/
>
> * could be a nice first :)
>
> I don't know about any current mobile store having built-it donation
> support,
> so it could be another nice first for Jolla. :)
>

> 5.11.2013 22:04, Artem Marchenko:
>
> Hi All
>
> Phone is going to be in sales soon, app store is going to accompany it. What
> would you as app developer appreciate in the app phone?
>
> Is there anything on top of "just buy an app" or "just buy this game upgrade
> in-app" what could be an important feature for you? Any disruptive ideas?
>

> As for me, I'd appreciate a couple of options:
>
> 1. Built-in try-before-you-buy.
> To get rid of free/paid app pairs you see in the other app platforms. If
> developer doesn't mind, user should just be able to use app for free for
> some 7 or 30 days. After that - only after payment or with some features
> downgraded.
>
> 2. Built-in subscriptions, especially for micro-sums
> Subscription-based schemes motivate developers to improve apps all the time
> while worrying less about hit-or-miss situation, so it would be cool if app
> store supported it.
>
> I seriously would think even of small prices as just $0.95 a year, but it
> has to be charged on a monthly basis yet nobody is going to bug users with
> 10 cents monthly paid upgrade.
>
> It would be great if app store supported such subscription methods natively.
> And certainly it could be seamlessly combined with try-before-you-buy so
> that first month is completely free.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
> Artem.
>
> P.S.
> I am not working for Jolla, just a random developer interested in the topic.

> [...]

Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams