Jolla dont want to force developers manually edit project files to be able to build dotted application names.

On 23.11.2013 17:26, Artem Marchenko wrote:
What if there are two packages in app store named harbour-videocam?
Or whoever grabs the name first keeps it?

What about the main app binary name and it's data folder?
Shall they be harbour-videocam or com.supercell.videocam? Or harbour-com.supercell.videocam?

Cheers,
Artem.

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Jonni Rainisto <jonni.raini...@jolla.com <mailto:jonni.raini...@jolla.com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    Domain part is not needed anymore, so its in the form of:

    harbour-applicationname

    That way for example "harbour-videocam"-package doesnt confilict
    with possible systems "videocam"-package.

    *From:* devel-boun...@lists.sailfishos.org
    <mailto:devel-boun...@lists.sailfishos.org>
    [devel-boun...@lists.sailfishos.org
    <mailto:devel-boun...@lists.sailfishos.org>] on behalf of
    zoltan.lu...@gmail.com <mailto:zoltan.lu...@gmail.com>
    [zoltan.lu...@gmail.com <mailto:zoltan.lu...@gmail.com>]
    *Sent:* Saturday, November 23, 2013 7:59 AM
    *To:* Sailfish OS Developers
    *Subject:* Re: [SailfishDevel] Update on application naming for
    Harbour applications

    will such name be accepted by package uploader of Jolla Harbour?

    '_' were not accepted before there...

    Andrey Kozhevnikov írta ekkor: 2013.11.22. 15
    <tel:2013.11.22.%2015>:39

    really?

    harbour-org.coderus.application

    how domain.organization.application naming can clash with device
    packages?

    why?

    On 22.11.2013 20:32, Robin Burchell wrote:
    > Ahoy,
    >
    > In Iekku's mail yesterday, we referred to application names
    needing to use a "dotted" form (e.g. com.example.myapp). It was
    brought to our attention that this isn't factually possible at
    this time due to limitations in Qt Creator/qmake, so we're
    unfortunately forced due to time limitations - so as to not
    inconvenience you developers - to change plans.

    > The new requirement is that application names must start with a
    prefix of "harbour-".

    > The reason (if it wasn't clear) for this requirement is so that
    applications do not clash with other installed packages on the device.

    > We're very sorry for the confusion. Thanks for understanding.
    Should you have any questions on this or anything else, feel free
    to send an e-mail as always!

    > P.S. We'll be launching a FAQ explaining this (and other store
    requirements) in detail early next week, unless anything
    unforeseen crops up.

    > Happy hacking,
    > The Jolla Crew

Artem Marchenko