On Sat, 2014-02-08 at 19:31 +0100, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> Hello, everybody,
>
> I have spent the afternoon playing with my calculator application.
> Using it, I realised it needs some feedback to the user, since
> pressing the keys obscure them, and the highlighting is mostly lost.
>
> So I checked what is available, and found that QtFeedback is what I needed.
>
> Now the calculator has its feedback, which is ok.
>
> I am using ThemeEffect.PressWeak, which feels right.
>
> However...
>
> I am not sure using a Button together with the effect is right:
>
> it is possible that in the future Buttons will ue haptics feedback on
> their own, so my usage would interfere. So I fear this change will not
> be acceptable in the Harbour.
>
> Since haptic feedback is already used in the pulley menu, I expect
> more silica components will get it in the future, can someone confirm
> this?
>
> Should I spin my own custom buttons?

Haptic support for some more components may come, but if such happens to
Button, we should at minimum give some warning beforehand, or then make
it opt-in with a property.

Then again for calculator kind of key pad, I'd myself prefer something
else than a Button. E.g. phone number inputs, Jolla calculator, device
lock, etc, have a button area with press highlight rectangle.