I've never built packages on the Jolla device if that's what you mean but
this is what you do on the SDK:

1. Install Virtualbox.
2. Install Sailfish SDK.
3. Start Virtualbox and run the MerSDK image.
4. Log in with SSH. (ssh -p 2222 -i
~/SailfishOS/vmshare/ssh/private_keys/engine/mersdk mersdk@localhost)
5. Build packages using the "sb2" and "rpmbuild" commands. You can set your
default build target in:
[xerxes2@ninja ~]$ cat .scratchbox2/config
DEFAULT_TARGET=SailfishOS-armv7hl

You may run into some problems with building python packages as user,
problems are fixable, but you can build as root too (-R).

Greets Jens