use QGuiApplication or QCoreApplication. QApplication itself is deprecated.

There is also dark side hack for using QML clipboard:

    TextEdit {
        id: clipboard
        visible: false
        function setClipboard(value) {
            text = value
            selectAll()
            copy()
        }
        function getClipboard() {
            text = ""
            paste()
            return text
        }
    }

24.04.2014 12:03, Samuli Silvius ?????:
Hi,

I use system clipboard in QML app with small C++ adapter

#ifndef  QMLCLIPBOARDADAPTER_H
#define  QMLCLIPBOARDADAPTER_H
#include  <QApplication>
#include  <QClipboard>
#include  <QObject>
class  QmlClipboardAdapter  :  public  QObject
{
     Q_OBJECT
public:
     explicit  QmlClipboardAdapter(QObject  *parent  =  0)  :  QObject(parent)
{
         clipboard  =  QApplication::clipboard();
     }
     Q_INVOKABLE  void  setText(QString  text){
         clipboard->setText(text,  QClipboard::Clipboard);
         clipboard->setText(text,  QClipboard::Selection);
     }
private:
     QClipboard  *clipboard;
};
#endif  //  QMLCLIPBOARDADAPTER_H

And it's working fine. But this requires that I have to add

QT  +=  widgets

to .pro file and seems it's not supported by Jolla Harbour as also Jolla SDK RPM validation gives me an errors. I have updated the SDK to the latest.

ERROR [/usr/share/harbour-jolla2gether/qml/harbour-jolla2gether.qml] Import 'QmlClipboardAdapter 1.0' is not allowed ERROR [/usr/bin/harbour-jolla2gether] Cannot link to shared library: libQt5Widgets.so.5

Is there are way around this?

Br
-Samuli