Thanks for the feedback :)

I had already looked a bit at the monav stuff because i had it on my N900,
but like you said, it seems abandoned, so i didn't feel like using it.

But the Mapbox GL definitely looks primising, i will have a look at it
later.

I did not know about the qml pinchmap.  I have tried out modrana though,
and it seems a bit crude, because it's written in python, and i can imagine
(correct me if i'm wrong) that implementing the whole element in qml is a
bit recource-unfriendly if you compare it to the low-level c++
*updatePaintNode()* method.

I think it would be really cool if it is possible to have all apps use the
same maps, and have those be configurable somewhere central (like in the
settings app).

cheers,

David