I am not sure checking for a "OS version" it is the right approach in
general either. Unless you want it to attach to bug reports or such
things, you shpould check for the library or component version
instead. Different devices may have different components... i.e. we
can be sure the kernel for the tablet will be a different version from
the phone, and different phones will surely have different kernel
versions.

But maybe I am too rooted in linux development, where "OS version" is
a meaningless concept (you have to deal with 2 releases each year of
Ubuntu Suse, RedHat, Debian...).

Cheers,
Luciano

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 6:53 AM, Kimmo Lindholm <kimmo.lindh...@eke.fi> wrote:
> afaik no, but you can read it from file /etc/sailfish-release and look for
> VERSION_ID=
>

> -kimmo

Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams