I've create the gui view and set "setQuitOnLastWindow" to false. The
problem i'm having is that when the app gui is closed (the app continues
running on background), but the user can't open it again. How can i reopen
the gui view when the user clicks on the menu button of the app?.

The main code:

> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> {
> // SailfishApp::main() will display "qml/template.qml", if you need more
> // control over initialization, you can use:
> //
> // - SailfishApp::application(int, char *[]) to get the QGuiApplication *
> // - SailfishApp::createView() to get a new QQuickView * instance
> // - SailfishApp::pathTo(QString) to get a QUrl to a resource file
> //
> // To display the view, call "show()" (will show fullscreen on device).
> //return SailfishApp::main(argc, argv);
> QGuiApplication *app = SailfishApp::application(argc, argv);
> QQuickView *view = SailfishApp::createView();
> app->setQuitOnLastWindowClosed(false);
> view->setSource(SailfishApp::pathTo("qml/background.qml"));
> view->show();
> MyTimer t;
> qDebug() << "Running!";
> int ret = app->exec();
> qDebug() << "Closes!" ;
> return ret;
> }

MyTimer is just a class inherited from QTimer which prints "Running" each 3
secs.

>  Just make gui view in your application creatable by request and do not
> quit application when window is closed.
>
> 03.05.2015 06:27, Nicolas Cisco пишет:
>
> Hi,
> i'm developing a messaging app (server and client) for a subject at
> university. The proyect involves developing a server with a REST protocol
> and an android application. In order to have a real case to use it to
> compare developing an app for android and salifish, i thought that it would
> be a good idea to also implement the client for salifish.
>
>  The protocol is quite simple, i already managed to develop the server,
> tested via terminal and send messages using a simple qml app (basically i'm
> doing ajax calls). My problem is how should i poll notifications and
> messages. I have to periodically send an ajax call/http request to an url
> (eg: http://<server addr>/notifications) and the server will answer me
> with a json with all the new messages.
>
>  My first idea is that the qml app pulls the data directly, but, if the
> app is closed, no more data is pulled. Can the qml app start a service
> (which runs on the backgound) in order to continue the pulling of data?.
>
>  My second idea is to run a daemon which periodically pulls displays
> notification and communicates with the qml app via dbus. But, i've read
> that daemons aren't allowed in harbour apps, i want to use this prototype
> as a real test case of what will be shipping an app to Harbour.
>
>  Which would be the correct / recommended way to pull information from a
> server periodically (in the background)?.
>
>  Regards,
> Nicolas.
> --
> Nicolas Cisco