>These might be useful for another applications that may be using dbus, but
>not for the syncml code that relies solely on filedescriptors outside dbus.

Strictly speaking, I don't see any problem with this - from a syncml client
/ server
perspective; was the socket owned by the bluetooth manager also for bluez4
as well?
If so,  in this regard, there should be no change in responsibility for the
syncmlclient/server.

About the KF5BluezQt, I totally agree - hoarding abstractions won't make
problems disappear;
I believe the extent of changes should be the driving force for the final
choice (i.e. the least complex
solution which requires the least changes). Less is more ;)

Just my 2 cents.