Pali Rohár wrote:

> On Friday 13 December 2019 00:37:13 Bjoern Bidar wrote:
>> Hey
>>
>> Looks really interessting especially when considering how buggy the
>> profile handling is currently and the mess that every vendor creates.
>
> My proposed design already handles battery level (via AT+IPHONEACCEV
> command and other vendors too) and should allow to define new interfaces
> for other vendor extensions which may come in future.
>
>> I think when it comes to the programming language c plus glib is probably
>> the preffered choice.
>
> For prototype implementation which basically handles whole specification
> except HFP AG role I chose Perl language. But just because it is fast
> for me to write such low level code which needs to parse lot of text
> protocol commands and do socket bluetooth socket stuff. It was just
> prototype to check if my prosed API specification make sense and if it
> is possible to implement daemon according to it. C language is fine for
> me, but I decision would depends on people who would do real
> implementation.
>
> If somebody else is interesting in with helping, please let me know.
>
>> I hope this brings linux closer to the feature state of bluedroid.

Respect!

I played recently a lot with BT so got interested in what you are writing. I
found

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=236499 pointing to the spec 1.7
https://www.bluetooth.org/docman/handlers/DownloadDoc.ashx?doc_id=292287

Looks like that not all devices support one and the same method to report
battery level. (I can imagine that not many support H[S|F]P).

Anyway - seems to be interesting topic
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49078659/check-battery-level-of-connected-bluetooth-device-on-linux
https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/gatt/

I am more interested in more robust H[S|F]P implementation, though it looks
like it depends widely on the manufacturer.