On Wed, 2020-05-13 at 20:41 +0300, rinigus wrote:
> Hi Pekka,
>
> with the respect of statefs plans, I would like to ask if it is
> planned to phase out /run/state/namespaces/ API in future. I am using
> it in collectd to log battery, bluetooth, cellular, and internet data
> in the corresponding plugins.

That depends on the statefs packages being installed. Since we're not
talking about Harbour software, you can still explicitly pull them in.
They might go away some day, but there's no immediate need for doing
that.

Alternative is to switch to other methods, e.g. dbus-send or more
specific command line tools. Mcetool for example can tell the battery
state among other things.

For reference couple migrations on sailfish side:
https://github.com/mer-tools/sp-endurance/pull/23/files
https://github.com/mer-tools/sp-rich-core/pull/85/files