Yo Hal!

On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 16:13:37 -0700
Hal Murray <hmur...@megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> g...@rellim.com said:
> >     # The iburst option tells ntpd to query the pool serers with
> > bursts ins= tead
> >     # of single requests.  This can yield better results to remote
> > servers.
>
> Are you confusing iburst with burst?

Probably.  The official descriptions are essentially identical, and the
iburst seems a tad nicer to my eye.  But we know that reading between
the lines is not useful with NTP doc. :-(

Your suggestions?  Anyone know that piece of code?

> Is it worth describing iburst here?

Not in detail, but we should mention it is brief.  Basically to
reduce errors due to ARP and routing delays on the first packet.

I love how the iburst and burst are designed to wait for a modem
to connect.  :-)

I still often see the first ping is a lot slower than later ones.  Both
locally and remotely.

> Should we setup a FAQ for that
> sort of thing?

Later...