This is a 32bit glibc based system, so this means you didn't ask for a 64bit
time_t, then.  Here's that link again that tells you how glibc handles this:

https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Y2038ProofnessDesign

The Linux kernel itself is not Y2038 clean yet, AFAIK.  But that's no excuse
for applications to skimp there.

We need to stick to POSIX entry points.  Is there a directive we can give GCC
that tells it to map to the 64-bit versions, if available?

Quote from the document linked previously:

The following is proposed:

User code defines _TIME_BITS=64 to get 64-bit time support instead of the legacy 32-bit time.

If glibc sees _TIME_BITS=64, then it defines __USE_TIME_BITS64 to indicate that time support is 64-bit rather than 32-bit.

Configury needs to check whether it's looking at a glibc-based system that implements that. I don't see any feature test macros discussed, so I guess you'd check the size of some suitable datatype with and without that define being present.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)