On 04/06/2014 11:32 AM, Liran Zelkha wrote:

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Itamar Heim <ih...@redhat.com
<mailto:ih...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    On 04/03/2014 07:51 PM, Liran Zelkha wrote:

        The problem is with both updates and selects.
        For selects - to get all the information for the VDS we have
        multiple
        joins. Adding another one will hurt performance even more.
        For updates - we have vds_static thats hardly changed.
        vds_statistics
        that changes all the time. vds_dynamic is not changed allot - but is
        updated all the time because of the status. I think it's best to
        split
        it to the two existing tables (BTW - relevant for VM as well)

    but we don't update it unless the status has changed, which is a
    rare occurance?

Actually - no. We can definitely see times we are updating vds_dynamic
with no reason at all. I tried to create patches for that - but it
happens from many different places in the code.

what would be updated vds_dyanmic for status not originating in update run time info?