On 04/03/2014 12:24 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 12:31:44PM -0400, Douglas Schilling Landgraf wrote:
On 04/03/2014 11:08 AM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
Functional tests are intended to verify that a running Vdsm instance
does what it should, when treated as a black box, over its public API.

They should be comprehensive and representative of a typical field usage
of Vdsm. It is a sin to break such a test - but we must be able to know
when such a sin is committed.

We currently have the following functional tests modules:

- sosPluginTests.py
   supervdsmFuncTests.py

Sure, count with me.

Thanks! When do you think you could write a job similar to
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/view/By%20Project/view/vdsm/job/vdsm_network_functional_tests/configure
running whenever there's a change in the modules relevant to
sosPluginTests and supervdsmFuncTests?

Hi,

Instead of to split by domain like (network, infra, storage), why not have a single functional test job? If something fail, it should trigger the volunteers.

For while, I started a creation of infra based on the above one.
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_infra_functional_tests

--
Cheers
Douglas