On 04/15/2014 11:03 AM, Juan Hernandez wrote:
On 04/15/2014 03:40 PM, Sven Kieske wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently writing a little
howto for people who use
debian based systems so they
can benefit from ovirt-shell.

after installing all dependencies
easy_install ovirt-shell
seemed to work.
However I got one error
which I'd like to get fixed:

Building against libxml2/libxslt in the following directory: /usr/lib
/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py:267: UserWarning: Unknown
distribution option: 'bugtrack_url'
   warnings.warn(msg)
Adding lxml 3.3.4 to easy-install.pth file

Maybe someone could assist me with that?

This looks like a problem in lxml itself, not in ovirt-shell. That
"bugtrack_url" option isn't supported by the Python setup tools, only by
PyPI, but the setup.py file in lxml 3.3.4 does contain it. Anyhow it is
just a warning, it shouldn't cause any real problem. I'd suggest to
install the python-lxml package instead of letting easy_install install
it, this should eliminate that warning.

In general it would be cool especially
for development tools like sdks and the cli
if they are available prepackaged not just
for RHEL derivatives as it would pretty
much speed up the distribution of oVirt
itself and attract more devs if they
can use their environment without
needing to setup fedora/centos.

I'll therefore try to forge a deb package
in my very little spare time.
any help would be appreciated.

I completely agree, let me know how I can help.

Sven - was this resolved?