----- Original Message -----
> From: "Chuan Liao (Jason Liao, HPservers-Core-OE-PSC)" <chuan.l...@hp.com>
> To: "Gilad Chaplik" <gchap...@redhat.com>
> Cc: devel@ovirt.org, "Doron Fediuck" <dfedi...@redhat.com>, "Martin Sivák"
> <msi...@redhat.com>, "Juan Hernandez"
> <juan.hernan...@redhat.com>, "Malini Rao" <m...@redhat.com>, "Chegu Vinod"
> <chegu_vi...@hp.com>, "Shang-Chun Liang
> (David Liang, HPservers-Core-OE-PSC)" <shangchun.li...@hp.com>, "Xiao-Lei Shi
> (Bruce, HP Servers-PSC-CQ)"
> <xiao-lei....@hp.com>
> Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 5:30:34 AM
> Subject: RE: Discussion VM CPU pinning and NUMA CPU pinning
>
> Hi Gilad,
>
> The restful API model of NUMA CPU and CPU-pinning is named NUMACPU ( Under
> NumaNode, VirutalNumaNode )
> Which is contain some attributes;
> index (xs:int): Numa CPU index or vNuma CPU index.
> pin_set (xs:string): Virtual NUMA CPU pin to host NUMA CPU set. ( only
> enabled on VirtualNumaNode )

I think that CPU-pinning new modeling should be coupled with NUMA.
also CPU is a Host sub-entity, so there shouldn't be NUMACPU.

> BTW, Could you give us some update about UI layer solution of NUMA
> CPU-pinning configuration ?

[adding David's response as well, and answering to both questions]

> Hi Gilad,
> Thanks for your reply. Did you submit the UI code. We need to know your UI
> model to consolidate your feedback. Meanwhile, we need to know the current
> cpu pining solution that include the UI code you are in charging. Then, we
> will see if we can specific to RESTful.
>
> Best Regards,
> David Liang

As discussed, the CPU pinning modeling in GUI won't be handled in first phase
(maybe as a 3.5 bug later on).
The reason RESTful modeling is important now is obvious, GUI can wait, so
there's shouldn't be any coupling between GUI and RESTful impl.

Thanks,
Gilad.

> Best Regards,
> Jason Liao

  • [ovirt-devel] Discu... Liao, Chuan (Jason Liao, HPservers-Core-OE-PSC)
    • Re: [ovirt-dev... Gilad Chaplik
      • Re: [ovirt... Liang, Shang-Chun (David Liang, HPservers-Core-OE-PSC)
      • Re: [ovirt... Liao, Chuan (Jason Liao, HPservers-Core-OE-PSC)
        • Re: [o... Gilad Chaplik
          • Re... Gilad Chaplik
            • ... Liao, Chuan (Jason Liao, HPservers-Core-OE-PSC)
            • ... Liao, Chuan (Jason Liao, HPservers-Core-OE-PSC)
              • ... Gilad Chaplik
              • ... Sven Kieske