If everything goes well, it will be in master this week. I don't know
when it will be part of 4.0.

I installed master VDSM patched with
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/topic:ovs_acquire on my host (Fedora 23
with disabled NetworkManager) and it worked OK. You can try to build
it on your own [1]. If you hit any problem, feel free to ask.

We'd like to go that way, but nothing specific yet.

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/vdsm/developers/