> With the current setting (in vdsm), submitting a series of patches is
> a huge pain. Sometimes refreshing the page and submitting the next
> patch in the series works, but sometimes you have to rebase again
> the next patches in the series, and in the worst cases, you have to
> do several rebases in the same series. This when the entire series
> was already rebased properly before the submit.

Actually vdsm is configured to "Cherry Pick" ATM, I'm not sure what
were the reasons for this, but this should probably be changed to
ff-only ASAP b/c as it is, it allows patches to be submitted
completely out-of-order.

> In vdsm we were bitten by this many times, and both Dan and me agree
> now that fast-forward is the only way.
>
> I don't think we need to agree on all projects for this, the whole point
> of having multiple project is that we don't to agree on every little
> detail, the project maintainer can do whatever they want.

Ok, so can we get an agreement between the vdsm maintainers to change
to "ff-only"?

--
Barak Korren
bkor...@redhat.com