On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Brian Proffitt <bprof...@redhat.com> wrote:

> All:
>
> We have been given five slots for projects in Google Summer of Code this
> year and thus far only one has a

do you mean GSoC or GSoC + Outreachy?

> mentor. If anyone is interested in mentoring one of these projects, please
> contact me immediately. The deadline is 1200 EDT today.

Are there also promising intern candidates? Or only slots?

> --
>
> Configuring Backup storage for Ovirt
>
> This proposal is about configuring any Storage Domain as a new Backup
> Storage Domain.This will help to replace the use of Export storage domain
> which use dedicated storage domain for backup and disaster recovery.
>
> --
>
> Implement oVirt integration tests using Lago
>
> Complete the ovirt-system-tests with the necessary tests

This one has been proposed also under Outreachy - there were some
candidates, not sure now how promising though.

> --
>
> oVirt log analyzer
>
> oVirt is a distributed system and all parts of the system have their own
> logs. In order to analyze/troubleshoot an issue, it is useful to correlate
> an action triggered on one subsystem and how it travelled over the other
> parts. This would be a greenfield project written in Python. Timeline of
> the work:
>
> Develop a method for recognizing the contents of log files of different
> formats - May, 30 - June, 15
> Implement matching events in different log files with each other - June,
> 15 - July, 1
> Develop and implement methods for automatic analysis of the logs and the
> events occurring in them, such as identifying errors, unusual events, VM
> properties, etc. - July, 1 - August, 1
> Add an interactive user interface to the developed algorithms, testing and
> improving - August, 1 - August, 30
>
> The initial version of steps 1-3 implementation was proposed under mentor
> (Milan Zamazal) control, the results are in repository https://github.com/
> aantsiferova/ovirt-log-analyzer

this one has been proposed under the Outreachy, Milan is the mentor and
there is an intern accepted.