On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Piotr Kliczewski
<piotr.kliczew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Recently you could notice few patches being merged and later reverted.
> I would like to say what happened. Sometime ago I pushed a tag to
> vdsm-jsonrpc-java and later reused that command from my history to
> push 6 patches [1][2][3][4][5][6] to vdsm for a review. I did not
> notice that I pushed for `heads/master` instead of `for/master` this
> caused to bypass gerrit and the patches were merged. When I noticed
> what happened I pushed [7] to revert it. I hope no-one was affected.
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr

Thanks for your report, Piotr.

I believe that [7] should have been sent properly, via gerrit, and not
by direct git merge. Unless we close git access, errors would happen.
But when you realize you've made a mistake, better fix via gerrit.

In particular, I think [7] has mistakes; it is not clear to me how you
have produced it.

fc1174c91~ is the last commit before the mess occurred, right? da18b865 is [7].
But
$ git diff --name-only fc1174c91~..da18b865|cat
.cache/v/cache/lastfailed
init/systemd/systemd-vdsmd

is not empty. It introduces two files with no good reason.