A patch was uploaded: https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/90093/


*Regards,*

*Shani Leviim*

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Shani Leviim <slev...@redhat.com> wrote:

> HI,
>
>
>
> *Regards,*
>
> *Shani Leviim*
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 5:32 PM, Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 5:21 PM Shani Leviim <slev...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Yes, I did clean the root directory but it didn't solve the issue.
>>> I'm currently running the tests on fedora27, using python version 2.1.14.
>>>
>>> Thanks to Dan's help, it seems that we found the root cause:
>>>
>>> I had 2 pickle files under /var/cache/vdsm/schema: vdsm-api.pickle and
>>> vdsm-events.pickle.
>>> Removing them and re-running the tests using make check was successfully
>>> completed.
>>>
>>
>> How did you have cached schema under /var/run? This directory is owned by
>> root.
>> Are you running the tests as root?
>>
> ​No, I'm running the tests over my laptop using my user.​
>
>>
>> This sounds like a bug in the code using the pickled schema. The pickled
>> should not
>> be used if the timestamp of the pickle do not match the timestamp of the
>> source.
>>
>
> ​There's a suspect that there's a different encoding for python 2 and
> python 3.
> While I checnged "with open(pickle_path) as f:"   to   "with
> open(pickle_path,'rb') as f: " (I was inspiered by [1]),
> the make check seems to complete successfully.
> ​
>
> ​[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28218466/unpickling-
> a-python-2-object-with-python-3​
>
>
>> Also in make check, we should not use host schema cache, but local schema
>> cache
>> generated by running "make".
>>
>> Nir
>>
>
>
_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
Devel@ovirt.org
http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/devel

Reply via email to