On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 9:11 PM Hetz Ben Hamo <h...@hetz.biz> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Hetz,

First I want to thank you for your great oVirt videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWrtPbXo4iVxO45aRABIJjg
Warning: Hebrew content :-)

I hope you plan another video showing how to upload ISO image
directly into a FC or iSCSI domain...

> As part of my "torture testing" to oVirt (4.2.4) I'm doing some testing
> with 1 node where I shut down the HE and the machine (powering off, not
> yanking the power cable)

yanking the power cable should work fine, please try this at home

> and rebooting to see it's survival status.
>
> One of the weird thing that happens is that when the machine boots and it
> starts the HE, it mounts the storage domains and everything works. However,
> after few moments, 3 of my 4 storage domains (ISO, export, and another
> storage domain, but not the hosted_engine storage domain) is being
> automatically deactivted, with the following errors:
>
> VDSM command GetFileStatsVDS failed: Storage domain does not exist:
> (u'f241db01-2282-4204-8fe0-e27e36b3a909',)
> Refresh image list failed for domain(s): ISO (ISO file type). Please check
> domain activity.
> Storage Domain ISO (Data Center HetzLabs) was deactivated by system
> because it's not visible by any of the hosts.
> Storage Domain data-NAS3 (Data Center HetzLabs) was deactivated by system
> because it's not visible by any of the hosts.
> Storage Domain export (Data Center HetzLabs) was deactivated by system
> because it's not visible by any of the hosts.
>
> However, when I see those message and I'm manually re-activating those
> storage domains, all of them getting the status "UP" and there are no
> errors and I can see disks, images, etc...

What happens if you wait 10 minutes? I guess the system will activate all
the domains
automatically.

> Should I open a bug in Bugzilla about this issue?

Yes, this sounds like incorrect behavior, even if the storage domains are
activated
automatically later.

Nir