On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 6:18 PM Hetz Ben Hamo <h...@hetz.biz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The old oVirt (3.x?) ISO image wasn't requiring a big hard disk in order
> to install the node part on a physical machine, since the HE and other
> parts were running using NFS/iSCSI etc.
>
> oVirt 4.X if I understand correctly - does require hard disk on the node.

I think you can setup temporary storage on a diskless host using NFS or
by connecting to temporary LUN and setting up a file system on it.

Once the bootstrap engine is ready on the "local" storage, you we move
engine disk to shared storage, and you can remove the local storage.

Adding Simone to add more info.

> Can this requirement be avoided and just use an SD Card? Whats the minimum
> storage for the local node?

Another option is to use /dev/shm, if you have a server with lot of memory.

Note that this list is for ovirt developers. This question is more about
using ovirt, so the users
mailing list is better. Others users may already solved this issue and can
help more than
developers which have much less experience with actual deployment.

Nir