On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 8:45 AM Dan Kenigsberg <dan...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 9:42 AM Dan Kenigsberg <dan...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 9:34 AM Martin Perina <mper...@redhat.com> wrote:

> in

> along
> build

> right?
> > >

> > > I think we need to branch VDSM first and right after branching merge
> tge patch introducing 4.4 support https://gerrit.ovirt.org/96632
> >
> > We want vdsm-4.30.z to support engine-4.4. Thus I don't see why we
> > should wait for anything. https://gerrit.ovirt.org/96632 should be in
> > yesterday.
>
> argh, I should read closer before I hit Send. That patch in its
> current form should wait after branchout of vdsm, as it introduces
> clusterLevel 4.4, not only Engine 4.4.
> Why do you find it urgent to introduce clusterLevel 4.4?
> Are there pending Engine feature waiting on it?

No features yet, but we need to introduce 4.4 version and bump database
versions, otherwise we will have issues for upgrades between 4.3 and 4.4
(database upgrade scripts in starting wiht 04_03_NNNN_*.sql needs to have
the same NNNN in both 4.3 and master branches, otherwise they won't be
applied properly on upgrade). This is nothing new, it always worked like
this and introduced new version in master right after stable version is
branched.