Hi,
can anybody give me a hint which component is responsible for installing host
when I add a host in engine UI? Or how to change vdsm version installed this
way on the host?

It installs vdsm-4.40.2:

[root@localhost ~]# rpm -q ovirt-release44-pre
ovirt-release44-pre-4.4.0-0.11.beta4.el8.noarch

[root@localhost ~]# rpm -q vdsm
vdsm-4.40.2-1.el8.x86_64

We need newer version of vdsm (at least 4.40.11) to work properly with imageio
2.0.

vdsm 4.40.13 can be pushed by running dnf update, but it's not very user
friendly (moreover imageio service needs to be restarted after update and it's
not obvious for the user t do so), so I'd like to change it to install 4.40.13
automatically when installing all other ovirt stuff.

Thanks
Vojta