On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 10:12 AM Prajith Kesava Prasad
<pkesa...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I hope this email finds you well.
>
> I just wanted to check, does anyone know if there is a way to get the
> back-end hostname from the ovirt-engine?, (this scenario is most likely to
> occur when an external logical network is attached).
>
> I did see a way to get the network interface, with respect to each host. like
> Even though RHV-engine, contains logical network-attached to it, and its
> details (like ipv4). There is no primary key present that could help us
> identify that a network is gluster related or not. so we cannot actually get
> the details, because we won't know if a network is gluster network or
> something else.
>
> I just wanted to see, if there is any other way to get the details of the
> backend hostname?

In "backend hostname", do you refer to the storage server?

Please note that there is not a "the" storage server. You can have
more than one.

Nothing, AFAIU, in oVirt, forces storage traffic to go through a
specific network.

IIUC, once a user supplies some name for the storage server, the hosts
simply lookup that name and connect to the resolved address.
So users that want to use a specific network, should make sure the
resolution points at an IP address on that network.

Please explain exactly what you want to do.

Adding Nir and Eyal from storage.

Best regards,
--
Didi