Hi all,

Right now, ovirt appliance is built nightly, and publishes (to
ovirt-master-snapshot) two packages: ovirt-engine-appliance (the
"regular" one, based on CentOS Linux) and
ovirt-engine-appliance-centos-stream (based on CentOS Stream).

This can already be used by anyone that wants to try this manually.

For trying in CI:

1. A pending patch to ost-images [1] can be merged once it passes the
manual build I ran (link in a gerrit comment there). Should take a few
more hours. This patch changes the existing image that was generated,
called ost-images-el8stream-he-installed, to include a stream
appliance (from current repos).

2. A patch for OST [2] can be used, as needed, for manual runs. I
updated it now to expect the output of [1] once it's merged, so should
probably be rebased and/or 'ci test/ci build' once [1] is merged (and
image is published).

TODO:

1. Decide how we want to continue, going forward. If we aim at
complete move to Stream in 4.4.6, perhaps now is the time to start...
An alternative is to somehow support both in parallel - will be more
complex, obviously.

2. Handle ovirt-node

Best regards,

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/c/ost-images/+/113633