On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 9:24 AM Marcin Sobczyk <msobc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 4/6/21 7:23 AM, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 5:53 AM <jenk...@jenkins.phx.ovirt.org> wrote:
> >> Project:
> >> https://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-system-tests_he-basic-suite-master/
> >> Build:
> >> https://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-system-tests_he-basic-suite-master/1974/
> > FYI: This failed twice in a row (1973 and 1974), for the same reason.
> > I reproduced locally, looked a bit, failed to find the root cause.
> > When I connected
> > to host-1's console, it was stuck in emergency after reboot. I checked
> > a bit, there
> > was some error about kdump failing to read the kernel image
> > ( /boot/vmlinuz-4.18.0-240.15.1.el8_3.x86_64 ), when I tried manually
> > as root I did
> > manage to read it. I rebooted, and the VM came up fine. I decided to
> > try OST again,
> > cleaned up and ran it, and opened a 'lago console' on the vm after it
> > was up, but
> > OST passed. Tried again, passed again. Then I manually ran in CI 1975
> > and it passed,
> > and also the nightly 1976 passed. So I am going to ignore for now.
> >
> > I think we need a patch to make lago/OST log consoles of all the VMs.
> > I might try
> > to work on this.
> Also stumbled upon this. Please take a look at
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/ovirt-system-tests/+/114050/

Yes, I did notice this change and wondered if it's related...

But it's not merged yet, and still HE passed at least 4 times (two locally,
two on CI). Obviously this does not prove that the issue is fixed.

Anyway, in addition to merely fixing it (which perhaps your patch does),
I also wanted to emphasize the importance of making it easier to fix
future such cases. How did you manage to find the root cause?

Best regards,
--
Didi