Then working on the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS will be preferred more. Also It will
help me to learn more things.:)

I have to follow this procedure to make this application
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.2/developer_manual/app/index.html.

About choosing an Editor/IDE : Sublime Text Editor and PhpStrom Which one
is more better to choose ? I am comfortable with Adobe Dreamweaver but its
Linux distribution is not available. Switching to a different Editor/IDE is
not a difficult task for me.