Hello Shishir,

Am 04.02.2015 um 07:57 schrieb shishir tiwari:
Hello,

We are using a PMODWifi device [PmodWiFi - 802.11b WiFi Interface
(MRF24WB0MA, b/g/n compatible)] on Synopsis ARC board and have
succeded in initial port for RIoT on it.

That sounds great!

We wish to add support for the PMODWiFi module within RIoT stack. We
see that there is a support for sixlowpan device (ieee802154) and the
corresponding driver nrf24l01p into the stack.

Yes, there is sixlowpan support. But the nrf24l01p is not yet corresponding to sixlowpan or 802.15.4 as it has a kind of proprietary protocol. So far, there is just the LowLevel support for the nrf24l01p. The connection to the network part will come soon.

Current documentation on the portal or web doesn’t say anything about
how we can add new network driver support. We wish to add 802.11 a/b/g
support.

As Jan Wagner stated, we have this "Network Stack Task Force" meeting tomorrow and on friday. There we'll discuss and generate the new network stack design. If you like to, you can join virtually. Therefore you need PlaceCam [1] to be installed and get an invitation link.

It would be good if anyone would elaborate on how do we proceed with,
and what kind of changes are required.

I also think implementing the whole 802.11 is a big task. However, you can find the interface for 802.15.4- transceivers in "drivers/include/netdev/802154.h" or a more general approach in "drivers/include/netdev/base.h". Maybe the netapi adapter in "sys/net/include/netapi.h" could also be interesting to you. Again, these interfaces may change during the next days/weeks. When the network stack is in a stable version, we should write a wiki page for using the network modules and porting new devices to it.

By the way, the LowLevel functions should use the general peripheral interfaces as in "drivers/include/periph".

Thanks & BR,
Shishir tiwarieers,
Cheers,
Peter