Hi,

I just figured out how to enable echo cancellation for PlaceCam in Linux with
PulseAudio.
It is possible to PulseAudio configuration hints using environment variables.
When using the command line, you can tell it to activate echo-cancellation like
this:

    PULSE_PROP="filter.want=echo-cancel" ./PlaceCam/opt/PlaceCam/PlaceCam

Oleg and me tested this and were surprised how well it works.
I hereby encourage anyone using Linux to adopt this method so the audio in our
virtual meetings will be less painful.

Cheers, Ludwig

PS:
Open Research Topic:
Find out how to automatically or at least super-conveniently (I'm thinking
push-to-talk) mute the microphone when not speaking.