Hi,

these tests print out everything you need to know, but here you go:

```
$ cd tests/hwtimer
$ make clean all term
kernel_init(): This is RIOT! (Version: 2014.12-421-gb6eeb)
kernel_init(): jumping into first task...
hwtimer test application...

  Timers should print "callback x" once when they run out.
  The order for x is 1, n-1, n-2, ..., 2 where n is the number of available
hardware timers (4 on this platform).
  In 1 second, one timer should fire every second/100 until all timers have run
out.
  Additionally the message "hwtimer set." should be printed once 1 second from
now.

Setting timers:

set callback  1
set callback  2
set callback  3

All timers set.

callback  1
hwtimer set.
callback  3
callback  2
```

```
$ cd tests/hwtimer_spin
$ make clean all term
kernel_init(): This is RIOT! (Version: 2014.12-421-gb6eeb)
kernel_init(): jumping into first task...
This is just a functionality test for hwtimer_spin.

You should see the message "success" after a while if this test was
successful.
If you do not see that message, something went wrong.

success
```

Cheers, Ludwig