Hi Kushal,

nice to hear you are interested in RIOT. Welcome!

Am 03.03.2015 um 01:03 schrieb Kushal Singh:
Hi,

My name is Kushal Singh, I am a BTech student at IIIT-Hyderabad. My primary areas of interests are operating systems , computer organization and architecture. I enjoy kernel development :). I am interested in participating in Google Summer of Code this year and I came across 'riot-os' as an organization.

I would like to start actively contributing to riot and so I would be grateful if I could get a few pointers regarding how to get started with the code-base and the reference documents.

In our wiki there are several documents that lead you through the first steps. You may want to have a look into the (really) Quick Start Guid in [1] or the Creating your first RIOT project in [2]. When it comes to hardware you can use the Getting Started with STM32 boards in [3] which goes a bit more in detail. Please follow the procedures described in [4] (and [5]) for RIOT contributions.

Also, I had a look through the ideas page , and I loved this project titled "Project S1: Dynamic linking support for RIOT". I have all the needed pre-requisites for this project. So I wanted to started working towards this project. I would be thankful if someone could guide me towards a moderate/beginner level bug in this regard so that I could first have some idea about how things work and get started.

You can scroll through our issue list in [6] and pick up any issue you feel concerned to. Feel free to open a pull request, discuss on GitHub and write to this mailing list :-) !

Thanks for all your help
Kushal Singh
(kushalsingh007)

Peter