Yes I tried to compile the rpl_udp example for the samr21-xpro but it did not have enough RAM. Even with RPL in non-storing mode and a very small routing table it would not fit.

Ultimately we would be looking to run UDP/RPL/COAP on top of the IPv6/6lowpan/802.15.4 stack.

For the evaluation just UDP would be fine to give me an idea if a M0+ would be fast enough.

Is the size of RAM/flash for RIOT likely to increase? Currently building the rpl_udp example results in 109K text+data, 37K bss. We were thinking of going for a M0+ with 128KB flash and 64KB RAM but this does not leave much room for expansion.

Am I correct in thinking that the IPv6/6lowpan/UDP/TCP/RPL stacks are fairly complete but there is quite a bit missing at the 802.15.4 mac layer such as beacons and security? I assume this will increase the code size of RIOT?

Thanks

Simon