Hi everyone,

giving the ng_stack a name sounds like a very good idea to me (and as far as I remembered I already mentioned this last summer...). Though finding a name is tough and I don't like the obvious once (flexnet_, default_, riotnet_, etc...).

Also 'cutting' out the re-usable parts as headers, header parsing, checksum calculation and some others might make sense, though with this I think we have to keep in mind, that not every network stack implementation has to use those 'generic' building blocks, as these implementations might have their own requirements to certain function signatures etc...

When it comes to protocol header files, as 'net/udp.h', I would be even more careful. I don't think we will have a generic udp header, that each network stack will comply to. In my opinion, each network stack should just define it's own header files, as these will differ depending on their internal implementation...

The only important thing is, that we will have a clearly defined interface for applications (e.g. RIOT sockets, CoAP or whatever).

So I would say: let's find a name?!

Cheers,
Hauke